Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Pictures of May Pen

I guess by now your wondering where I'm working here is a picture of the store. Its the one on the lower far left corner.



Here is a photo of a view of May Pen on top of my Grandparents building. They live right across the shop where I work. As you can see its not all palm trees and beach.


Here is a native dish in Jamaica, Pumpkin soup (or dumpling soup as my family likes to call it). Its made up from Jamaican pumpkin, yams, potatoes, stew beef, salted pig tail (mmmmmm...), spices, a scotch-bonnet pepper (very hot)and very large hand rolled flour dumplings the more the better (hence the name). Lets say if you want to lose weight don't eat this soup. My grandfather made it when he heard I was coming down. He knows its one of my favorite dishes.....



Here is view of traffic in May Pen.



Well that's it for now. Until the next post.....





1 comment:

  1. That made me hungry. I don't know if I would like that dish but it looks great!!!

    ReplyDelete