Thursday, November 4, 2010

Pigeon Island

Hello all! I'm back! Sorry I took soooooo long to update my blog. Its only been 5 months :). I should get an award for procrastinating. I have lots to post from pigeon island, fishing of the cost of Rocky Point, the heavy rainfall in October and Hurricane Tomas.

Lets start with Pigeon Island (May 2010)



Pigeon island is a small island off the coast of Rocky Point in Clarendon. Its about 30 min by boat to get there. Its about the size of 2 foot ball fields end to end. Its not known to everyone usually fisher men and locals use the island for recreation. BTW thats uncle Stan on the left. He couldn't move out of the way in time :).












A jelly fish I caught while swimming. I placed in the bucket temporarely until we left. I didn't want the kids to get stung by accident.







Some of the guys I went with brought their dogs. At frist they didn't get along but after some "encouragement" they were best buddies at the end of the day.





A few last pictures I took before we left the island. And for those who were wondering .... yes there are no washrooms just bush, coconut trees and beach, so use your imagination :).

Next up flooding in Jamaica.

No comments:

Post a Comment